Woods Forum
Evoking feelings

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Woods Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
DMT

BerichtGeplaatst: 29-08-2018 09:40:18    Onderwerp: Evoking feelings Reageren met citaat
Taylor Swift performs at her DIRECTV NOW Super Saturday Night concert at Club Nomadic in Houston. Click forward to see more images from her show. John Salangsang http://www.rangersauthority.com/authentic-kevin-shattenkirk-rangers-jersey/ , InvisionAP
As she promised, Taylor Swift has started giving money to charities for sex-assault victims — not that it's any of our business.

As per her policy, Swift was not commenting Thursday on what she's giving or to whom she is giving it, although her recipients are free to announce it publicly if they choose.

So far, only one of the lucky recipients, Mariska Hargitay's Joyful Heart Foundation, has confirmed it will get a donation from Swift, according to a statement from Hargitay, best known for her longtime role as a New York sex-crimes detective on Law & Order: SUV and the namesake of the singer's cat.

On Monday, after Swift won the whole enchilada — total victory — in her groping trial in Denver, she released a statement vowing to spread her largess to organizations that help victims of sexual assault.

After a two-year court battle over dueling lawsuits and a six-day trial, a jury sided with Swift who accused an ex-Denver radio DJ of groping her during a photo op in 2013.

Although she sought and won only a symbolic $1, Swift is a multi-millionaire who keeps mum about her philanthropy and her visits to hospitals.

"I acknowledge the privilege that I benefit from in life, in society and in my ability to shoulder the enormous cost of defending myself in a trial like this," she said in her statement late Monday. "My hope is to help those whose voices should also be heard. Therefore, I will be making donations in the near future to multiple organizations that help sexual assault victims defend themselves."

Swift said she wanted to use her experience to demonstrate to other women that they could fight back against sex abuse, even if not in criminal court and even if they are not global pop superstars.

Mariska Hargitay at Nantucket Film Festival on June

Mariska Hargitay at Nantucket Film Festival on June 22, 2017 in Nantucket, Mass. (Photo: Noam Galai, (Credit too long, see caption))

On Thursday, the Joyful Heart Foundation said it was "honored to be recognized" by Swift for its work helping survivors of domestic abuse, sexual assault and child abuse.

Inspired by her day job, Hargitay said she founded the organization with a mission to transform society’s response to survivors.

"The experience of sexual assault and domestic violence can be extremely isolating. One of the most important points we make to survivors is this: You are not alone," Hargitay said in the statement.

"I hope that Taylor's very public experience — and her decision to speak out — not only helps empower other victims to speak up and take action, but offers them solidarity. I'm honored by her dedication and commitment to these issues, and I’m deeply grateful for her support of the Joyful Heart Foundation."

Maile Zambuto, the CEO of Joyful Heart and a survivor herself of sexual violence, also hailed Swift in a statement for calling needed attention to victims.

"I am deeply grateful to Taylor Swift for her courage to speak out and her generous investment in many deserving organizations, including Joyful Heart," she said. "Taylor's actions send a powerful message to survivors everywhere: You matter. What happens to you matters. And you are not alone."

So far, no other organizations have yet come forward but more are expected.

Although Swift never comments about her philanthropy, typically word leaks out on social media because recipients are so delighted, especially kids in hospital beds, when she turns up and poses for selfies.

Last summer, when Swift was in Australia with her then-beau, actor Tom Hiddleston, she went to the Lady Cilento Children's Hospital in Brisbane, capital city of Queensland, to visit a clutch of sick kids. They were thrilled and so was the hospital.

"Thank you Taylor Swift for dropping by the Lady Cilento Childrens Hospital today for a surprise visit #TaylorSwift," the hospital tweeted at the time.

Thank you Taylor Swift for dropping by the Lady Cilento Childrens Hospital today for a surprise visit #TaylorSwiftpic.twitter2GrcEHy73q

— Childrens Health QLD (@childhealthqld) July 12, 2016

Also last summer, Swift donated $1 million to Louisiana flood relief after torrential rains caused massive flooding in the state and killed at least 11 people. She told the Associated Press about her plan as a means to encourage more donations other others.

LONDON, Aug. 22 (Xinhua) -- Favorite toys that have had British children spellbound for generations are featured in a new set of postage stamps issued Tuesday by Royal Mail.

The Classic Toys stamp collection celebrates some of the most iconic and much-loved British toys from the last 100 years

Evoking feelings of nostalgia across generations, the toys featured in the postage stamps include the Merrythought Bear, Sindy Doll, Spirograph, Stickle Bricks, W.Britain Toy Figures, Space Hopper, Fuzzy Felt, Action Man and the construction kit Meccano as well as Hornby Dublo model trains.

"The heyday of the British toy industry remains a magical era, one that shaped childhoods across the generations," said a spokeswoman for Royal Mail, adding: "In the 19th century, the growing middle class of the Victorian era was fuelling an expansion in toy-making and major names in British manufacturing started to appear and compete with foreign makers. These toys remain hugely popular today, a testament to the innovation of the creators."

Royal Mail's Philip Parker said: "British toy makers enjoyed a reputation for quality and innovation, and these nostalgic stamps celebrate ten wonderful toys that have endured through the decades."

The oldest toy, Meccano construction kits, started life in 1 The sliding gate is th. Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Wholesale NBA Jerseys China Wholesale MLB Baseball Jerseys Wholesale NCAA College Jerseys Sports Jerseys From China Hockey Jerseys Wholesale MLB Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys China
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Woods Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: